Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Dress Code

It's hot as hell and all there is to relieve the heat is two fans. I would be okay if I could wear shorts and a tank top, preferably a spots bra, but there's no way that would be acceptable here.
Let me explain where I am.
India. 

Dress Code/any gender: (ages 0-12):
Tank top
Dress
Shorts
Sans shirt

Dress Code/Females: (ages 12-above):
Jeans
Short sleeve shirt
Caprees below the knee

Dress Code/Male (ages 12-above): 
Sans shirt
Shorts
Short sleeve shirt
boxers

Do you see anything totally unfair with this dress code? Kids that are young and guys can basically go around half naked and are able to show some skin. Guys can wear shorts and whatever they basically want to wear. Girls on the other hand are forced to wear jeans and cover their skin in 100 degree weather. It's so unfair! I sit here in pants sweating my ass off while I see guys going around chill as ever in shorts and a tank top. Ugh. I don't mind the heat (they do say when in Rome do as the Romans would), yet I feel this "dress code" is rooted in sexism and that's what's totally unfair.


No comments:

Post a Comment